Terms & Conditions
1. “Company” shall mean Farthing Electrical Ltd its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of Farthing Electrical Ltd.
2. “Customer” shall mean the Customer or any person acting on behalf of and with the written authority of the Customer.
3. “Work” shall mean all Works (including the supply of Materials) undertaken by the Company and described in this contract and includes any advice or recommendations.
4. “Materials” shall means Materials required to complete the Works.
5. “Prime Cost Item” shall mean an item that either has not been selected, or whose Price is not known, at the time this contract is entered into and for the cost of supply and delivery of which the Company must make a reasonable allowance in the contract.
6. “Provisional Sum” shall mean an estimate of the cost of carrying out Works under this contract for which the Company, after making all reasonable inquiries, cannot give a definite Price at the time this contract is entered.
7. “Price” shall mean the Price of the Works as agreed between the Company and the Customer.
1. Any instructions received by the Company from the Customer for the supply of Works and/or the Customer’s acceptance of Works undertaken by the Company shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
2. Where more than one Customer has entered into this agreement, the Customers shall be jointly and severally liable for all payments of the Price.
3. Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Customer, the terms and conditions are irrevocable and can only be rescinded in accordance with these terms and conditions or with the written consent of the Company.
4. None of the Company’s agents or representatives are authorised to make any representations, statements, conditions or agreements not expressed by the manager of the Company in writing nor is the Company bound by any such unauthorised statements.
3. Installation Work
1. All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
2. All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
3. Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost.
4. Unless stated otherwise, all cables will be concealed by chasing into the building fabric or concealed in building voids, under floors, etc. Where impracticable, cabling will be neatly surface run, either clipping direct or housed in trunking / conduit.
5. Where carpet or flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work, no charge is made for this service, with best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to affect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
6. Where agreed beforehand, chases to walls will needed to be filled by a plasterer. Chases can be filled at additional cost; these will be re-filled to approx. 2mm below plaster finish depth so that a plasterer or decorator can apply finish coat.
7. All endeavours will be made to undertake installation work to a clean standard.
8. Whilst undertaking the installation work at the property, the client is required to provide water and power free of charge
4. Hazardous Materials
Unless specifically stated in this quotation, the quoted price is based on the assumption that the work for which this quotation is submitted will be executed in a hazardous material free environment. It is a strict condition of this quotation that the customer accepts full responsibility for the resolution of any problems and for delays and additional costs which may result from the presence of these materials in or about the site on which the works (or any part thereof) are to be performed.
5. Work Site Access
We have based our offer on free and unrestricted access to all required work areas.
6. Live Work Clause
It is our strict policy to only undertake live work or work near live conductors where it is safe to do so, particular emphasis is placed on: Compliance with EWR – Electricity at work regulation 1989. Our live work procedure is designed to eliminate risk of injury to our employees, damage to your installations and unexpected power disconnections. The above may require us to disconnect or isolate parts of the installation to undertake such work for which additional charges may be applicable.
1. Clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included.
2. Drilling of holes larger than 50mm to be drilled by builder unless otherwise stated.
3. Re-decoration and final making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
4. Removal from site and disposal of rubble, fittings, wiring, materials, general waste and packaging is not included.
8. Extras and Variations
All extras and variations must be agreed in writing prior to commencement.
1. The costs quoted assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with you.
2. Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between the hours of 8:00am-5.00pm Monday-Friday. Work required outside these hours may attract out of hours premium rates.
3. If a price per point schedule has been provided, acceptance of our quotation means you are also agreeing to the amounts set out in the schedule and agree that any additional points required following the initial quotation will be charged at these amounts.
4. Any variations are to be made before first fix. Any variations during or after first fix will incur additional charges.
5. All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT
6. All figures quoted are valid for a date of 30 days from the date of the estimate or quotation.
10. Deviations from Building Regulations and:
All work where applicable, will be executed fully in compliance with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the work, particularly in respect of work in dwellings to allow the legal Part P obligations to be met. Where a Client requires deviation from such regulations, a written instruction and record will be required.
11. Risk and Title of Goods and Property
1. The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
2. All goods supplied shall remain property of Farthing Electrical Ltd until all sums due have been paid in full.
3. The client is responsible for ensuring that the property is insured for the duration of the installation work.
Farthing Electrical Ltd warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from invoice date. Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by Farthing Electrical Ltd physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties.
1. Unless agreed in writing payment in full must be made on completion of the specified works to Farthing Electrical Ltd. Stage payments will be requested by prior arrangement where planned works take longer than 30 days We reserve the right to request from you stage payments in the instance where works take longer than 30 days.
2. Our standard stage payments, unless agreed otherwise between us, would be as follows; 50% after first fix, 30% during second fix (typically before kitchen installation) and the remaining 20% on completion.
14. Dispute Resolution
In the event of a dispute, mediation is to be the preferred method of resolution.
1. The customer shall make available to the Company personnel use of adequate site amenities at no cost to the Company.
2. The customer shall inform the Company personnel of:
general and specific safety requirements as and when they arise, in relation to the site; and
any incident or potential hazard that may cause harm to Company personnel.
3. The Company personnel shall present in Company corporate uniform whilst attending and working at the site.
4. The Company personnel shall, unless otherwise agreed, provide all necessary tools of trade for the carrying out and completion of work under the contract.
5. Wherever used in this contract; “contract price” shall mean the quoted price as varied; “materials” include consumables plant equipment and devices supplied in the course of the contract; the” Company” shall include entities related to Farthing Electrical Ltd.
6. If any term or condition of this contract is found to be void it shall be excised without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms or conditions.