Consumer Unit (Fuse Board) Replacement Solihull


by Farthing Electrical | Krystina Whitehurst | Dec 10, 2018

Open Fuseboard On A Wall

Consumer Unit (Fuse Board) Replacement Solihull

Here at Farthing Electrical Solihull, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to handle all of your electrical enquiries, such as consumer unit replacements, which can also be known as a fuse board change. We are NICEIC registered, meaning we have been assessed to the highest standards and are fully qualified to sign off all domestic work. We have the ability to cover all types of electrical work and installations for domestic and commercial properties throughout Solihull and neighbouring towns and villages.

What is a Consumer Unit/ Fuse Board?

A consumer unit is the central point at which mains electricity enters the property and is then distributed into subsidiary circuits that provide all the power and lighting for your home.

Reasons you may need your Fuse Board Replacing:

Fuse Boards may need to be replaced for a number of reasons:
– Where the existing unit does not meet current electrical regulations, especially in the case of there being no RCD protection
– Where there is no spare capacity in the existing unit to connect additional circuits. This could be particularly relevant in the case of major alterations to your property, such as an extension
– If an electrician has conducted an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) and established that the existing unit is no longer fit for purpose
– If your fuse box is old, it may have traces of asbestos which is extremely harmful when breathed in

Regulations For Replacing Consumer Unit/ Fuse Board:

When carrying out a consumer unit replacement, an electrician is responsible for ensuring that the existing or current wiring is safe for use. It is vital that the wiring is checked because a consumer unit change will alter the functionality of the existing circuits. Typically, this is done by carrying out a full EICR before starting any work. An electrician will have to ensure that the earthing and bonding meet current standards, and that the meter tails are the correct size. This enables them to determine if anything will need upgrading. If any electrical work falls under Part P regulations, it is extremely important to only use a registered and qualified electrician such as Farthing Electrical Solihull.

Consumer Unit Replacement Cost?

At Farthing Electrical we can evaluate the work that will need to be carried out and give you a fair and competitive quote based on your needs. With a consumer unit replacement, the cost may vary but you can typically expect to pay between £300 to £500 depending on the size of your consumer unit/fuse board. Within the price quoted, you will receive a new consumer unit/fuse board.

If you would like any more information about consumer unit/fuse board replacements, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Farthing Electrical Solihull. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have and discuss your requirements. We look forward to hearing from you.

Looking for an Electrician in Solihull?

Please contact us to request a FREE quote or a chat about the electrical work you require.
Request An Appointment

Electrician Solihull First Class Electrical Services

5 Star Google Rating Electrician Solihull

© Copyright 2023 All Rights Reserved. Farthing Electrical Ltd. Registered in England & Wales.
Company No: 10806818. Registered Office: 26 Thurlston Avenue, Solihull B92 7NY.